The most prevalent type of headache is tension headache. Defined by a mild to moderate, continuous band-like pressure or tightness surrounding the head. Tension in the muscles of the head and neck, brought on by things like stress, anxiety, or bad posture, is a common cause of tension headaches.
Although medical intervention and lifestyle changes may be necessary for severe or chronic cases, stress reduction, relaxation techniques, over-the-counter pain medicines, and cannabis store goods are widely used as management strategies.
Understanding Tension Headaches
Here are their causes and their respective symptoms:
- Dull, aching pain
- Pressure or tightness
- Tenderness in the scalp, neck, or jaw
Stress and Anxiety
- Emotional distress
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sensitivity to light
- Blurred vision
Environmental Factors (Sensitivity to):
- Loud noise
- Bright lights
- Strong odours
Traditional Treatment Options
- Stress management: Some examples of these methods are yoga, progressive muscle relaxation, and breathing exercises.
- Physical therapy: Massage and other forms of physical therapy can reduce stress and muscle tension.
- Regular exercise: A regular exercise routine can help relieve stress and tension.
- Over-the-counter pain relievers
- Prescription medications
- Combination medications
Cannabis For Tension Headaches
A lot of people are starting to look into the possibility of using cannabis to help with headaches. The key ingredients in cannabis, known as cannabinoids, have shown promise as relievers and anti-inflammatory agents, especially THC and CBD. Due to their anti-inflammatory and pain-modulating effects on the central nervous system, these characteristics may help relieve headaches.
After consuming cannabis products, some people say their headaches are less frequent and less severe. More research is required to understand the precise processes and long-term effects of cannabis for headache treatment, and it’s important to note that its effectiveness can differ among individuals.
Cannabis Headache Treatment Reports
|The four case studies showed that all patients improved and were cured in some cases.
|0.03 fluid ounces of alcohol extract 1 h before pain onset
|Chronic daily headache
|In four case studies, most issues were cured.
|21.6–32.4 mg (increasing if necessary), 2–3 times per day for
|Quick and permanent relief from headaches for up to 14 months following treatment. Absolutely no long-term damage.
|Migraine or sick headache
|Found to be the most effective medicine for migraine. It will be able to prevent attacks in certain instances.
|21.6–32.4 mg at beginning of attack.
|Migraine or sick headache
|Migraine sufferers consistently reported months of relief.
|Taken before each meal Women: 21.6 mg increased to 32.4 after 2–3 weeksMen: 32.4 increased to 48.6
Cannabis Products For Headache
|The increased cannabidiol (CBD) content of this strain has made it popular, and it has the potential to reduce pain without the psychoactive properties of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
|Another high-CBD strain with a low-THC option. Many people choose it because of its possible pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects.
|This hybrid strain is known for its balanced levels of both THC and CBD. Potentially useful for some headaches, users report a relaxing and euphoric impact.
|If you suffer from migraines, you may find relief with a high-THC strain, such as OG Kush. But because of its euphoric properties, THC must be handled with extreme caution.
|A low-THC, high-CBD strain, Charlotte’s Web was developed initially for an epileptic child. Popularity increased for its medicinal potential without causing a “high.”
How Can Cannabis Aid Tension Headaches
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties – Headaches, especially migraines, can be inflammatory. Anti-inflammatory cannabinoids, especially CBD, may reduce headache symptoms.
- Muscle Relaxation – Cannabinoids may relieve tension headaches produced by muscles contracting. Reduced muscle tension helps relieve headaches.
- Stress and Anxiety Reduction – Cannabis strains with a balanced THC-to-CBD ratio may aid in relaxing and reducing tension.
- Improved Sleep – Insufficient or inadequate rest can cause headaches. Sedative cannabis strains, especially CBD-rich ones, may help with sleep and headaches.
Cannabis has demonstrated encouraging signs of use in the management of tension headaches. The calming effects and muscle relaxation that cannabis provides have led many users to report major relief from tension headaches.
Those looking for an alternative to pharmaceutical drugs may find this natural remedy especially attractive due to its reduced dependency risk and lack of harmful side effects. Although further research is needed, cannabis’s potential as a natural, legal and non-addictive treatment for tension headaches appears encouraging.Sea to Sky is one of the trusted cannabis retail stores in Canada. We offer a variety of cannabis herb, finest cannabis extracts, cannabis topicals, and more. You can visit our cannabis store in Vancouver city, but we also offer delivery so you can enjoy medical and non-medical cannabis in an environment you find most comfortable.
Frequently asked questions
Some people find that certain strains with a balanced THC and CBD ratio or high CBD content are more effective for headache relief. Indica strains, which are associated with relaxation and pain relief, may also be preferred by some individuals.
CBD is one of the several cannabis chemicals that show promise as a pain reliever. Because it lacks the intoxicating effects of THC, CBD has shown promise in relieving headaches for certain people.
- Your saliva production may decrease, which can make your mouth feel dry.
- May include dilated blood vessels.
- Increased appetite.
- Feeling slightly lightheaded or dizzy.
- Some people report an increased sense of taste, hearing, or colour intensity.
- A distorted sense of time may result from cannabis use.